Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Week 3 EOC: My Demographic

First came the Baby Boomers, Then, Generation X. Now we have the group of people born mid 1980's and later. The millennials (Or generation y) Are estimated 70 million strong. A millennial is classified as a group of people who are tech savvy, family-centric, achievement and team-oriented and attention craving.
Personally I am in this demographic. I was born in 1989, I am tech savvy (this is an internet blog inst it?), family centric, and achievement oriented. I love technology and like learning new things about it. Family is a big thing to me. With my Mother and both of my Grandparents living within 2 miles from me, i try to see them as much as possible. While older generations put work before family I (and our generation) is opposite. I am also very achievement orientation I WANT to do well. I want to do what my family hasn't or cant do, I want to be successful and achieve what my elders couldn't. On the flip side, I personally am not in the population of the final two.
I am no team oriented. I should be, but working in a team usually ends with me doing the work, In which case I'm pretty much doing it on my own anyways. Attention craving is another falsity for me. I hate being the center of attention. I get nervous and uncomfortable.
All in all the demographic I am in is me except for a couple elements. We are definitely an interesting unique group of individuals and I am interested to see where our generation goes in the future.

No comments: