Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Week 9 BOC: Cyber Shopping


Cyber Monday has come and gone, but, the specials are still in full force. Many sites around the web are still offering amazing deals on a whole lot of products. While people are out on the web shopping for toys, phones and the latest in electronic gadgetry. I am looking for musical instruments, microphones and other musical products.

I’m in my 3rd quarter here at The Art Institute and i know it is a little early to be thinking about my studio space. But, having my own studio is something i have dreamed of for years, even before i started attending school. While i start building my empire of expensive mics, monitors, computers and instruments, one thing that i really need is a bunch of Auralex Studiofoam for my studio walls.

Musiciansfriend.com has them on a great special. They have gone from a steep 164.99 to 59.00 and best of all, shipping it free. The studio foam is very important in a studio. This particular designer kit uses an advanced design to "dampen rogue sounds in your studio space". You want a clean and robust sound in your music. What these do is help shape the overall acoustic tone of your room and make it easy to do. They are great at diminishing your overall low decibels, which can muddy down your mix. The kit comes with 32 sound absorbing panels and 2 tubes of adhesive. This deal is amazing. The foam can be very expensive and Auralex is among one of the best companies to produce the foam. This would help me to start building my studio in no time.

No comments: